Thursday 18 November 2010

Catalonia

I'm going to explain a little bit about Catalonia.
Catalonia is a little country in Spain, in the South of Europe.
It is small compared to other countries of our continent but it is very special because it's my country.
It has a lot of beautiful beaches we have "La costa daurada" and "La costa brava", that are very visited places. The beaches are important but, also, we have a lot of mountains like Montserrat that has a very long history and the Pirineus too.
There are a lot of sights like Sagrada Familia, which is famous around the world, Parc Güell and other buildings by Gaudí.
In Catalonia, there are people from different cultures, the majority of them are Catholic but also, there are Jews, Muslim people.. Catalan people aren't very racist.
Catalonia has a lot of celebrations that haven't got the rest of Spanish people like Sant Jordi, La Mercè..
I love my country.

4 comments:

Piotr Andrzejewski said...

I know what you mean. I see it's a beautiful place to live.

Marcin Szmyt said...

Those beautiful pictures prove what you have written is true. It's a really wonderful place to be. Hopefully Polish students from Olsztyn will have a chance to admire all the places you mentioned, soon.

Xavi said...

Very good, i like the photo.

Laura Vera said...

We live in a beautiful country Ainoa :)
I also love Catalonia :D