Thursday 25 November 2010

SITGES

Hi! I'm Mireia.

I come from Catalonia. It's a country in Spain near France. To be more precise, I was born in Sitges, and I'll talk about this village.

Sitges is a small village in the Garraf region (Barcelona). In Catalonia, the culture is the same everywhear : the language, the people, the costoums, etc...

The weather in Sitges is very hot all year. In Sitges, there are many discos, and many tourists, because this village is in the Mediterranean sea, and it's beaches are really beautiful. In Sitges, people always eat paella or a variety of seafood when they go to a restaurant.

I love the people in Sitges, because you can see people from different cultures, different styles...but I love the people born in Sitges, because they have a different lifestyle than in Catalonia.

They celebrate two big parties : one is “Saint Bartomeu” and the other is “Santa Tecla”. There days people dance a dance called “Ball de Bastons” and they built human towers called “Castellers”. People in Sitges speak Catalan.

In Sitges, there are more monuments, a palace called “Maricel”, a museum about the history of Sitges and the church of “Bartalome and Santa Tecla”. It's a Christian church.

Now, the big companies want to build more hotels and houses and they intent to evict out the people of the village.

But I love my village!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Is a litle bit tasteless, but I think that is the apparence you also have to put a picture, but I like it !
i love you(L)

Mireia said...

thanks laura :) I hate you ¬¬ and I put a picture.

Soniita said...

Ainoa and Sonia: We don't know that you was born in Sitges Ö but its greaaat !
Mireia interesting job !

xoxo (L)